Circle – meditation and awarenessCalendar View
Temple Circle – meditation & awareness
This Tuesday group is a small meditation- & awareness-focused Practice ‘circuit’ meant for people who have been exploring Buddhism and wish to use its practices to improve their lives.
To build the useful habits that help us make these life changes we practice:
- Meditation (25 mins) (calmness, stability)
- Loving-Kindness (change our default from indifferent to ‘kind’)
- Equanimity (see each other as true equals, imperfect but loving. a small community)
- Compassion (to care and act on others’ behalf)
- Sympathetic Joy (to find joy in other’s achievements, to pay attention to and share our own joys)
- Deep Listening (to listen to others and develop compassion)
- Gratitude (we have everything we need to be happy *now*)
This is a different form: that of a Circle, with each member contributing and learning from each other.
We get to know one other while we deepen our Practice in a safe and caring environment.
Members will have the opportunity to run a weekly of session (voluntary).
I ask interested people to have a commitment to this Circle for a ‘season’.
(This is much the same as if you were to join a sports team. You can certainly miss weekly sessions, but I ask that you are committed to being there for yourself and each other as if you were on a team or taking a class. The practices are progressive throughout the season).
Write me at email@example.com
This ‘Season’ Practice will run Tuesday evenings for 12 weeks from Sept 25th through Dec 11th, starting at 7pm, at the Temple.
We usually finish about ~8:30pm, then a little shared cleanup of teacups that we used etc…
You can come on Tuesday Jan 8th to try it out before the ‘committed’ Season starts.
It is a gentle group, led by it’s members. Membership is limited.
Dana to the temple: $25/person, speak to me if you cannot afford that, it should not be an impediment to attending.
Assistant – Calgary Buddhist Temple
Chaplain (Pureland) – UCalgary
Please contact me if interested or if you have questions.
Feel free to pass along to interested persons.
Each evening is closed to those who have signed up for the Season, sorry.